Dr. J. Maheshwari
Dr. J. Maheshwari Author ‘Essential Orthopaedics’ M.B.B.S. and MS Ortho, studied at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He received part of his training in the UK, Germany and Australia. He has been on the faculty of AIIMS for 15 years, where he specialized in knee and shoulder surgery. He has been in the fore front of incorporating recent advances in knee and shoulder surgery in day-to-day practice, the latest being computer-assisted knee replacement. He has the unique distinction of being a surgeon who is apt at the entire gamete of advanced knee surgery – from key-hole (Arthroscopic) surgery to open surgical techniques such as computer-assisted knee replacement. Doctors, medical students and physiotherapists know him better as the author of the most popular text-book of orthopedics – Essential Orthopedics, now in its 4th edition.
Unique Qualities of Dr. J. Maheshwari
- Over 30 years of experience at AIIMS and other hospitals.
- Has performed over 5000 knee replacements.
- Has a team of associate doctors, dedicated technical staff and physiotherapy team.
- Has complete in-house inventory of instruments and implants.
- Ethical, approachable, compassionate and result oriented.
- Forthright: Discusses everything (results, time taken, money involved) before taking up the case.
- Transparent: Recorded CD’s of all arthroscopic surgery and important intra-op pictures are given to the patient.
- Frequently invited as guest speaker to national and international conferences.
- Runs training courses/fellowships for young orthopaedic surgeons
Landmark achievements of Dr. J. Maheshwari
- 1994: Published text book 'Essential Orthopedics', the most popular text book of orthopedics.
- 1999: Started first of its kind ‘Combined Joint Disease Clinic’ with rheumatologist at New ISIC Delhi.
- 1999: Did the first arthroscopic shoulder surgery in north India.
- 2000: Did the first total shoulder replacement in north India.
- 2002: Started dedicated “Knee & Shoulder Clinic”, first of its kind at north India.
- 2006: Started first mobile bearing uni compartment knee replacement in North India.
- 2008: Organised the first Delhi Knee Course.
- 2008: Organised first live workshop on unicompartment knee replacement.
- 2009: Organised the first Delhi Shoulder Course, now a once-in-two-years event.
- 2010: Started computer assisted knee replacement at Sitaram Bhartia Hospital.
- 2012: Did the first reverse shoulder replacement in North India.
- 2014: Fleeted President of Delhi Orthopaedic Association.
- 2015: Organised biennial conference of Shoulder Society of India, at New Delhi.
- 2016: Fleeted President of Shoulder Society of India.
- 2016: Appointed head of Max Institute of Musculo-skeltel Sciences, Max Saket, New Delhi, India.