Dr. J. Maheshwari Author ‘Essential Orthopaedics’ M.B.B.S. and MS Ortho, studied at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He received part of his training in the UK, Germany and Australia. He has been on the faculty of AIIMS for 15 years, where he specialized in knee and shoulder surgery. He has been in the fore front of incorporating recent advances in knee and shoulder surgery in day-to-day practice, the latest being computer-assisted knee replacement. He has the unique distinction of being a surgeon who is apt at the entire gamete of advanced knee surgery – from key-hole (Arthroscopic) surgery to open surgical techniques such as computer-assisted knee replacement. Doctors, medical students and physiotherapists know him better as the author of the most popular text-book of orthopedics – Essential Orthopedics, now in its 4th edition.
Unique Qualities of Dr. J. Maheshwari
- Over 30 years of experience at AIIMS and other hospitals.
- Has performed over 2000 knee replacements.
- Has a team of associate doctors, dedicated technical staff and physiotherapy team.
- Has complete in-house inventory of instruments and implants.
- Ethical, approachable, compassionate and result oriented.
- Forthright: Discusses everything (results, time taken, money involved) in advance of surgery.
- Transparent: Recorded CD’s of all arthroscopic surgery given to the patient.
- Frequently invited as guest speaker to national and international conferences.
- Runs training courses/fellowships for young orthopaedic surgeons.
Landmark achievements of Dr. J. Maheshwari
1994: Published text book of orthopedics “Essential Orthopedics”, the most popular text book of orthopedics.
1999: Started first of its kind ‘Combined Joint Disease Clinic’ with hematologists at New Delhi.
1999: Did the first arthroscopic shoulder surgery in north India.
2000: Did the first total shoulder replacement in North India.
2002: Started dedicated “Knee & Shoulder Clinic”, first of its kind at New Delhi.
2006: Started first mobile bearing uni compartment knee replacement in North India.
2008: Organised the first Delhi Knee Course, now a once-in-two-year event.
2008: Organised first live workshop on unconditional knee replacement.
2009: Organised the first Delhi Shoulder Course, now a once-in-two-years event.
2010: Started computer assisted knee replacement at Sitaram Bhartia Hospital.
2012: Did the first reverse shoulder replacement in North India.
Dr. Vikram Arun Mhaskar Dr Vikram Arun Mhaskar MBBS, ECFMG certified, MS (Orth), MCh(Orth) (UK) Fellowship in Knee Surgery Sydney (Australia), Lyon (France) did his initial medical and orthopaedic training from St John’s Medical College Hospital Bangalore. He then went on to do his MCh Orthopaedics from Dundee United Kingdom where he further sub specialized in knee and shoulder surgery. It was here that he closely worked on the biomechanics of the shoulder in fast bowlers and presented his work at the International Cricket Council Conference held in Sydney during World Cup 2014. He further sub-specilaised in knee surgery by undertaking a highly competitive ISAKOS and Australian Orthopaedic Association accredited fellowship in Knee surgery from Sydney, Australia. Here he was appointed Fellow in knee surgery at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Royal North Shore Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital and Mater Hospital. He trained in all aspects of knee surgery both arthroscopic, open and replacement surgery including robotic and computer navigated knee replacements. He was associated with the Sydney Orthpaedic Research Institute where he was involved in research on all aspects of knee surgery and has published the same. He then went on to further specialize in knee and patella-femoral surgery from the mecca of knee surgery Centre Albert Trillat, Lyon France. He has numerous research articles and publications to his credit.
Landmark achievements of Dr. Vikram Arun Mhaskar
- Co-author of Maheshwari & Mhaskar’s Essential Orthopaedics
- Awarded the prestigious ‘David Rowley Award’ by the University Of Dundee during his MCh Orth
- Awarded the prestigious ‘Fr Percival Fernandez Award’ for ‘Best outgoing post graduate’ by St John’s Medical College Hospital
- Invited to present his research on the biomechanics of the shoulder in fast bowlers to improve performance and prevent injuries at the ICC conference during the World Cup of cricket 2014 (Sydney, Australia
- Trained in robotic and computer navigated total knee replacements as well as arthroscopic surgery of the knee
- Authored textbook chapters on knee replacement surgery published by Springer publications USA