Dr. Vikram Mhaskar
Dr. Vikram Mhaskar MBBS, ECFMG certified, MS (Orth), MCh(Orth) (UK) Fellowship in Knee Surgery Sydney (Australia), Lyon (France) did his initial medical and orthopaedic training from St John’s Medical College Hospital Bangalore. He then went on to do his MCh Orthopaedics from Dundee United Kingdom where he further sub specialized in knee and shoulder surgery. It was here that he closely worked on the biomechanics of the shoulder in fast bowlers and presented his work at the International Cricket Council Conference held in Sydney during World Cup 2014. He further sub-specilaised in knee surgery by undertaking a highly competitive ISAKOS and Australian Orthopaedic Association accredited fellowship in Knee surgery from Sydney, Australia. Here he was appointed Fellow in knee surgery at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Royal North Shore Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital and Mater Hospital. He trained in all aspects of knee surgery both arthroscopic, open and replacement surgery including robotic and computer navigated knee replacements. He was associated with the Sydney Orthpaedic Research Institute where he was involved in research on all aspects of knee surgery and has published the same. He then went on to further specialize in knee and patello-femoral surgery from the mecca of knee surgery Centre - Albert Trillat, Lyon France. He has numerous research articles and publications to his credit.
Landmark achievements of Dr. Vikram Mhaskar
- Co-author of Maheshwari & Mhaskar’s Essential Orthopaedics
- Awarded the prestigious ‘David Rowley Award’ by the University Of Dundee during his MCh Orth
- Awarded the prestigious ‘Fr Percival Fernandez Award’ for ‘Best outgoing post graduate’ by St John’s Medical College Hospital
- Invited to present his research on the biomechanics of the shoulder in fast bowlers to improve performance and prevent injuries at the ICC conference during the World Cup of cricket 2014 (Sydney, Australia).
- Trained in robotic and computer navigated total knee replacements as well as arthroscopic surgery of the knee
- Authored textbook chapters on knee replacement surgery published by Springer publications USA